Having the space for animals is a wonderful thing! Yes, our goats have a special place in our heart, but I couldn’t create a website about our farm without talking about ALL the animals that make up our strange little family (both the two- and four-legged kind).
So in addition to the goats, we currently have
- four original chickens who are not laying as much as they used to (but are enjoying their retirement),
- our original rooster, Gus (who has turned into a bit of a JERK, but he is still pretty cool),
- a 19 year old pot bellied pig, Charlie, and his best friend, a Silkie rooster named Blue
- 49 new chicks, which have quickly been growing up
- an acquisition of house cats (that have so far stayed house cats),
- two wonderful, amazing children (although if you ask me some days I may include a few additional adjectives to describe those two),
- a little gargoyle gecko who stays in my son’s room (so I don’t have to think about the fact that her food consists of bugs),
- the perfect dog, Winnie (who chases the bears away, keeps me company in my office, hogs our bed at night, and has made it her job to watch over everyone in this family),
- and of course me and my wonderful husband, Jeff, who try our best to keep up with everything and everyone.
Our animals (and children) are the source of so much joy and love (and sometimes pain) in our lives – so why not share a little about them?
See All Articles About the Other Animals