Having the space for animals is a wonderful thing! Yes, our goats have a special place in our heart, but I couldn’t create a website about our farm without talking about ALL the animals that make up our strange little family (both the two- and four-legged kind).
So in addition to the goats, we currently have
- a number of chickens and roosters
- three horses, a mini-horse and a standard donkey
- an acquisition of house cats (that have so far stayed house cats),
- two wonderful, amazing children (although if you ask me some days I may include a few additional adjectives to describe those two),
- the perfect dog, Winnie (who chases the bears away, keeps me company in my office, hogs our bed at night, and has made it her job to watch over everyone in this family),
- and of course me and my wonderful husband, Jeff, who try our best to keep up with everything and everyone.
Our animals (and children) are the source of so much joy and love (and sometimes pain) in our lives – so why not share a little about them?
So much has happened at our farm, it’s time for an update… First of all, Happy New Year to everyone! We hope that 2019...Read more →
So you’ve got some new feathered friends, and you’re pretty sure that they are hens (and not roosters). You will certainly know for sure...Read more →
Do you find yourself constantly scanning the classifieds and social media sites for chicks for sale? Do you have a collection of roosters that...Read more →
So we now have 7 new chicks! And are they ever adorable! It has been a while since I’ve been able to add a...Read more →
A lot can happen when you least expect it. In the past month, our lives have totally changed with the addition of 4 BIG goats, a...Read more →
In the last month, our chickens have laid three really BIG eggs. There were two that came within days of each other, and the third...Read more →
If you are considering getting chickens, let me offer a bit of advice – DO IT! Not only will they provide you with those...Read more →
A few months ago I brought home three new cats. They were all about 2 years old, and had lived together their whole lives. They were...Read more →
If you’ve been reading the story of Winnie to this point, then you know those first weeks with her were difficult (to say the...Read more →
See All Articles About the Other Animals